This is so easy and delicious, when its warm out of the oven, there's nothing better.
Makes 1 loaf
- 3/4 x ripe banana
- 6 free range / organic eggs
- 4 fresh pitted dates (soak in warm water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/ 1/4 cup) coconut oil
- half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 70 g ( 1/2 cup/ 2 1/2 oz) ) coconut flour
- 20 g (1/4 cup / 1 oz) chia seed
Preheat your oven to 150 C. (fan forced) 170 C ( no fan)
Combine banana, dates, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and baking powder into a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and combined - alternatively you can do this by hand in a large bowl.
Add the coconut flour and chia seeds and mix through.
Rest for 10 minutes to allow the chia and coconut flour to expand.
Lightly oil one loaf tin and then line with baking paper
Spoon batter into the tin – at this stage you can decorate the bread with flaked coconut of sliced banana before baking.
Bake for 50 – 55 minutes ( a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry).
Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf. keeps in the fridge covered for up to 1 week. (freezes well too)